THE MY TREES TRUST
planting the right trees in the right places
A world where we prosper through an abundance of trees.
To inspire everyone to plant trees and protect woodlands.
OUR PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
My Trees goal is a reduction in the rate of natural woodland loss in Zimbabwe, in order to preserve biodiversity at scale within threatened landscapes.
We work towards the goal of reducing natural woodland loss by following three interwoven community focussed strands of activity.
areas that have seen significant deforestation with suitable indigenous trees.
large tractsof intact wilderness within Zimbabwe.
technologies and fuels that improve livelihoodsand reduce pressure on local ecosystems.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2022-2023
- A total of USD$300,000 has been paid to growers throughout our tree planting program since 2019.
- Over 1,100 jobs created at rural community level through our restoration work.
- 30 nurseries established and operational.
- Combined seedling capacity of 550,000 trees across all nurseries.
- Over 500,000 trees planted since My Trees was established.
- 86% average survival rate of planted trees.
- 320,000 hectares under conservation management.
- 1,200 snares removed in conservation areas.
- 30 arrests for poaching and illegal activity.
- Cumulative patrol effort of over 11,000km patrolled.
- Elephant-proof fence operational every day of the year.
- 140km of roads rehabilitated.
- 118,000 stoves distributed across the country.
- 157,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions (tC02e) reduced.